Open Water Diver
This is the basic course for SCUBA (Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus) Diving where it will teach you a variety of skills. These include using Scuba equipment; competence for diving; understanding the underwater environment, identifying marine life and of course, having loads of fun while you do it!
This course consists of 3 distinct phases:
- 1 x Classroom Lesson (Optional Self-Study) and Written Examination
- 2 x Confined Water sessions at the Swimming Pool on weekdays’ night or 1 x Confined Water session on Sunday
- 4 x Open Water Dives to held either Pulau Aur or Pulau Tioman
Classroom / Self-Study
Participants will view 2 Videos, followed by knowledge reviews on SCUBA DIVING and learn how to plan a dive safely using the Recreational Dive Plan Table. At the end of the lessons, a written examination will be carried out. To achieve a pass, 75% is required.
Confined Water Lessons
The Confined Water Lessons will carried out at Outram Secondary School‘s swimming pool on two different Weekday evenings (from 6pm to 9.30pm) or 1 session on Sunday (9am-3pm). 18 essential skills will be taught during confined water session/s.
Open Water Dives
There will be 4 Open Water Dives at Pulau Tioman or alternatively at Pulau Aur (based on your course selection) over one weekend (Departing Friday / Arriving back on Sunday). During this time, you will be tested on all the skills taught during the Confined Water sessions. Upon completion of the 4 Open Water Dives, if weather and time permits, we will include a complimentary Leisure Dive.
PADI Open Water Diver certification is valid for life and allows the diver to dive up to a depth of 18m.
- Age of 15 years old and above
- Medical Statement fulfilled
- Able to swim in any style for 200m without stopping or mask, fins and snorkel swim for 300m without stopping
- Able to stay afloat (head above water) for 10 minutes
- Complete 5 knowledge development segments, including quizzes and final exam
- Complete Confined Water Dives 1-5
- Complete Open Water Dives 1-4
18 skills to master
- Equipment assembly, adjustment, preparation, donning and disassembly
- Predive safety check (BWRAF – Begin With Review A Friend)
- Deep Water Entry – Giant Stride or Back Roll
- Weight check at surface
- Five Point Descent (SORTED – Signal, Orientation, Regulator, Time,Elevated, Equalised and Descent)
- Five Point Ascent (STELLA – Signal, Time, Elevated, Look & Listen for Danger Above and Ascent)
- Snorkel-regulator/regulator-snorkel exchange
- Mask removal, replacement & clearing
- Underwater swim without a mask
- Free flow regulator breathing
- Regulator removal and retrieving
- Fin Pivot (neutral buoyancy)
- Hovering (30 sec in midwater)
- Air Depletion exercise
- Alternate Air Source (AAS) stationary
- Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent (CESA)
- Removed and replace weight system underwater and on surface
- Remove and replace scuba unit underwater and surface
For more info, please contact us.