Read this interesting article – WHY DIVERS DIE on www.divingmedicine.info
You can actually download the whole book.
Diving Fatality Data
- 90% died with their weight belt on.
- 86% were alone when they died.
- 50% did not inflate their buoyancy vest.
- 25% encountered their difficulty first on the surface, 50% actually died on the surface.
- 10% were under training when they died.
- 10% were advised that they were medically unfit to dive.
- 5% were cave diving.
- 1% of “rescuers” became a victim.
Don’t be any of the percentage above.
Happy diving, safe diving!